Tuesday, February 26, 2013

6 Months Pregnant at the Fire Station

     Sorry for the late post, but I'm here now! :)  On Saturday, Mark and I took Marcus to the Skyland Fire Department where our dear friend Brian Grindstaff works.  A smile didn't leave Marcus' face the whole time we were there.  Mark and I enjoyed learning all the ins and outs of the way things are handled as well, so a good time was had by all. 
     In baby news, we had another great doctor's appointment last week.  My belly is measuring right on track but it's been feeling awfully tight lately.  Just to ease all my fears, Dr. Cobb gave us a brief ultrasound to check my fluid levels.  Not only did I have enough fluid but he (yet again) said how great everything looks.  It's always good to be reassured. 
     Also this week, Marcus got to feel the baby move!  The baby was super active one afternoon so I took Marcus' hand and put it on my belly where I was feeling the jabs.  He said, "Hey Baby!" and "I'm your big brudder!" and then felt a big THUMP to his hand.  His little eyes lit up and he said, "HE KICKED ME!"  It was great.  (and yes, he said, "he" - Marcus changes his answer every day as to whether we're having a girl or a boy)
     Finally, we're taking Marcus to the Biltmore House tomorrow not to see the house, but to see the goats, chickens, and horses at the petting zoo. A friend from church had a few passes that expire Thursday, so we decided to use them up! Pictures will follow for sure.

On the front of the fire engine

He LOVED "driving" & even got to crank up the fire engine.

Headphones

He called this a 4 wheeler and of course had to crank it, too.

"This one's a little more my size."

1960 Model Fire Truck

Playing peek-a-boo in the extra lockers

Mr. Brian helping him try on a fire helmet.

As big as Marcus' head is, Mr. Brian's is bigger.

He loved dressing up in this gear.

Trying on the boots, pants, and suspenders.

Probably my favorite picture in the whole batch.

Oxygen mask

Mr. Brian, Marcus, and Mark on the big fire engine.

Family photo :)

Napping attire is either his "cozy warm pants" and camo shirt or a set of "fishy pajamas."

24 Weeks!
-Tight belly lately but at our last appointment we got another ultrasound and there's plenty of fluid (just a big baby!)
-Marcus got to feel the baby move this week as he was talking to him/her saying, "I'm your big brudder!"
-It's getting harder to breathe when sitting down.
-This baby is going to have two cousins arrive within a few months since my sister is pregnant with TWINS!

The newest outfit for Baby Schuurman #2, no matter whether it's a girl or boy!


No comments:

Post a Comment