Sunday, August 10, 2014

I used to have a blog day...

     Back when we only had Marcus and one salon, I used Saturdays as my official "write a blog" day.  Since having Titus and purchasing the salon in Hendersonville, Saturdays have become a major work-day for us, thus blogging falls to the side.  So while I love blogging and posting pictures of our life, I just don't have the time I once did. 
     People sometimes ask me, "so what do you do all day since you're just a stay at home mom?"  JUST?!?!  I have to hold myself back from unloading the plethora of things that happen in a day's time, and just answer with, "oh, we keep busy."  But the truth of the matter is I wear many hats.  I'm a Mark-loving, child-training, follower of Jesus Christ who cooks meals, cleans messes, and launders our clothes daily. I could go on and on about what else I have to do in a week but it's really not that different from many of you.  You are busy with your world and I am busy with mine.  We're only as busy as we allow ourselves to be.  I'm busy trying to love and follow my husband, raise children, and run a few businesses - on the side ;).  Above all, I want to glorify God through all that.  I've stepped back from my position as nursery coordinator at church since we plan on starting Marcus' official preschool homeschooling this September.  He's only going to be 4 in September but he is so ripe to learning and loves it, so we want to take advantage of this while we're in this season.  Plus, it'll give me a good idea how to schedule our days when we have to do the "real" curriculum in Kindergarten, next year.  It's an exciting time and we are thankful for the opportunity to do it. 
     One final note: We found this AMAZING place in downtown Asheville called, "Splasheville."  It's a free fountain park where kids can play and it's just so fun.  Below are a few pictures of our time there. 


This guy now has 14 teeth!!!!

Marcus was so proud of his painted letters that he wanted to put them up on the wall so we'd know which bed was his. 

So many mornings, this is how I find the two of them. 

Baseball lessons with Daddy are a (almost) daily ritual.  Clothing optional. 

Sitting on the porch, early one morning, watching it rain.

Even a three year old can master the art of a good selfie. 

I love to hear this boy laugh.

Funny GOOF!

Painting with monster trucks.  Very fun!

Reading books at the library.

Titus loves his brother so much.  He did this on his own.

Target practice on the side of Daddy's truck.  Can you see the arrow?

Trying to catch rain with a small shovel.

Playing in the rain with the sun out, too.

Ready for Splasheville.




Taking a break for a snack.

The fountains randomly come on and go off, so Titus was so surprised when one he was standing near would come on.

They both loved this so much.


Titus' spray tan didn't turn out so well this month.  (Just kidding - it was spaghetti)

He's starting to love wearing hats and wants to when Marcus does.

No comments:

Post a Comment