Sunday, June 21, 2015

One Man

     Happy Father's Day, everyone!  (and Happy Birthday to my dad AND our niece!) I just wanted to take a minute to brag about this one man in my life right now.  While we are surrounded by a slew of good, Godly men, there's this one guy who is just the most incredible husband and father.  I lovingly call him Markie Peter. 
     I could go on and on about how much I admire and respect the man I married, but instead I'll tell one quick story of his self-lessness and then put some pictures up of his beautiful mug. 
     Today at church, our pastor said fathers could choose to do whatever they wanted today.  "It is YOUR day," he said.  Marcus was with us in the service and he said, "Daddy, do YOU want to go slip-n-sliding after church?"  Maybe he did.  Maybe he didn't.  But either way, he agreed and Marcus could hardly sit still, through the rest of the service, because he was so excited.  Titus fell asleep on the ride home so we put him down to nap just after pulling into our driveway.  Marcus was already stripped down naked before Mark could bring Titus in.  I thought Mark would want to nap himself, but instead he took Marcus outside (after they got their trunks on, of course) so I could nap while Titus did.  Being two weeks away from delivering our third child, I found this INCREDIBLY self-less and precious.  I did rest some, and when Titus woke up, he was overjoyed to join them as well.  They were just the cutest things ever out there.  Even Mark got in on the action and was showing Marcus how to do a baseball slide, then they'd practice how to do a swipe tag. 
     That's just one of the MANY stories that show Mark's amazingness.  I love him dearly and it's obvious that our boys do, too.  Just like with our first two children, I look forward to falling in love with him all over again when I see him with our newest child, whether it's a girl or boy.  I have to admit, though, I think my heart will especially melt if I ever see him holding a little girl.  We will see in two weeks! Until then, enjoy the pics. :)

A new daddy - holding Marcus Paul

Love this

Two dapper dudes - Daddy and Marcus
Marcus sliding down with Daddy's help.

Holding Titus for the first time.

My cup runneth over

Helping Marcus shoot the corn cannon at the corn maze

Daddy and Titus - Christmas 2013

Family Pic when we went down to Florida for a Braves Spring Training game for Mark's 35th birthday.

Sweet Daddy is tired but the boys wallow him to death when he gets home.

Even on his day off, as soon as he woke up this day he played a board game with Marcus and made sure Titus felt safe and included.

Tourists Game

Picking apples for Marcus' fourth birthday

Taking a hay ride

Family pic at UNCA - Fall 2014

There's always extra fun when Daddy is around.

Playing monkey in the middle - as usual, Marcus was trying to cheat

Exploring kaleidoscopes at the children's museum

This man is a Godly leader

Daddy has good connections to get basketball tickets at UNCA

Checking sports scores together is a pretty regular thing around here.

UNCA baseball

Mark reads with great enthusiasm and vigor to our boys.

Trip to Chapel Hill in April

Mother's Day 2015

Like father, like son

Family pic in the car, running errands together

Playing baseball at UNCA

Love these three with all my heart.  Soon it'll be four.

No comments:

Post a Comment