Sunday, March 17, 2013

Mini Vacation to Charleston

      Yesterday, Mark, Marcus, and I drove to Charleston, South Carolina to meet up with Greg, Lisa, and their three children.  We rented a condo with them and thus far are having such a fun time.  It was good to just BE TOGETHER yesterday, letting the children get re-acquainted while we rested from driving.  Today, however, we went to downtown Charleston and took in all the historic sights.  We rode a trolley (total highlight for Marcus), saw all KINDS of sights, took in lots of Southern history, ate amazing food, and played on the beach.  I know that's a brief synopsis, but just being frank, I'm POOPED and want to go to bed. :)  But I did want to post this before I forget.  I'll post more pictures in a day or so.

Waking up with cousins, checking out the boats
Riding the trolley

We LOVE this beautiful family!

Our family of three (just for a few months longer)

I had no clue Charleston was a port for cruise ships.

They were buddies today

Swinging on the pier with my buddies

The infamous Charleston City Market - very cool

Horse & carriage rides - too expensive, but Marcus loved seeing all the horses

Mark took this picture, I think out of sheer curiosity as to who they are.

Some streets were very Beverly Hills-esk.

We ate at the famous Hyman's restaurant and it lived up to every bit of hype (and more).

The owner came by & gave the children vouchers for free ice cream.

He literally fell asleep on the ride home like this: legs crossed, hang in the goldfish bag.

Doing puzzles with Sam.

Ready to dig!

Even though it was chilly, the kids LOVED it.

Pretty girl!

I was freezing, he was as happy as a pig in a puddle.

Marcus Paul and Mama - LOVE THIS BOY!

Precious girl.

He looks so much older than four here!

It's good to be at the beach, no matter the weather.

Yes he did...

27 Weeks!
-Feeling good because we're at the beach for the weekend!
-Not sleeping that great this week
-Hips are widening, aka hurting
-Stiiiiiiiill happy because I got to walk on the beach with our family today! :) Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment