Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day Week!

     Today is Mother's Day, but for me, it feels like it's been Mother's Day WEEK!  On Thursday, my dad came to town and played with Marcus while I did some nesting in the basement.  We have been BLESSED with plenty of friends who give us their hand-me-downs, both for girls and boys, so being the Type-A gal that I am, I have them all organized into totes for specific sizes.  The problem is that they were all stacked on top of each other and the bottom totes were getting squished AND if I needed one on the bottom, I had to unstack them all.  So, as you'll see in the pictures below, the totes are organized and READY to be used.  I'm super excited about them.
     On Saturday evening, Mark gave me my OTHER gift for Mother's Day - a date night with just the two of us.  Our babysitter, Rebekah, showed up around 5pm and before we could finish giving her instructions, Marcus was saying, "Mama, stop talking and go!"  He LOVES Rebekah and they had a very fun evening together.  Mark and I did as well!  We ate supper at a new place we'd never before been to, caught a few innings at the Tourists Game, then stopped by the salon to get a few things done without our sweet little tornado knocking products over. 
     Today we went to church, took family naps (THOSE ARE GREAT!) and then Mark cooked supper for us all.  It was a glorious day.  So between new shelves in the basement, a sweet delivered flower from my Dad & Sonya, and a date night with my man, it's been a great few days.  I'm thankful to be a mother, but also thankful for my own mother and the three "grand-mothers" that Marcus has.  My mom, step-mom, and Mark's mom are all adored by Marcus and he got to talk to each of them today.  I'm thankful that despite being the "conventional" family, Marcus and baby #2 will be raised with THREE SETS of loving grandparents who can help lead and guide him in the ways he should go.

Today at church, on Mother's Day

35 Weeks!
-Experiencing the joys and pains (literally) of motherhood today, Mother's Day
-My bladder is non-existent
-Putting on panty-hose this morning felt like running a marathon. I was completely out of breath in the end.
-I thought I was having contractions last night, but to no avail. Still praying for an early (but healthy) delivery.

Taa-Daa!  Don't they look great!?!

Our sweet boy, "reading" in his reading nook (aka-turtle sand box).

No comments:

Post a Comment