Monday, June 17, 2013

Bringing Home Baby

*CAUTION* This blog contains LOTS of pictures!  Repeat...LOTS of pictures!*   

  What an eventful and FUN past few days we've experienced, here in the Schuurman household.  We knew going from a family of three to a family of four would have it's challenges, but didn't know to what degree, nor did we know the extent of the love we'd have for each other once we were all back together again. 
     Titus is (so far) a very pleasant little guy.  He's not overly loud, seems pretty chill, but absolutely HATES being naked or having his diaper changed.  He cries that pitiful "hurting" cry when we change his diaper and we go as fast as we can.  Once finished, he almost immediately stops crying and just melts into our arms.  Marcus is very protective over him and absolutely adores him.  He kisses his "wittle head" multiple times a day and is constantly asking where he is or what he's doing.  It's great that he loves Titus so much, but he's been VERY defiant and ugly with us since bringing the baby home.  Our pediatrician told us that's to be expected, but I didn't think it'd be THAT bad.  Oh it is.  He's been downright AWFUL to Mark and I the past couple of days.  We have tried to have extra grace for him and show him extra alone times to be loved, but either way, it's just something that will have to be worked out.  I'm sure it'll be fine, but frankly, I'm stunned at how he's reacting, especially towards me.
     Anyhow, other than that, I went to the doctor today and things seem to be healing up nicely.  I felt TERRIBLE last night, but today is a new day and has been much better.  The staples are out and my incision is on the mend, but still quite sore.  It's nice to have my mom in town, waiting on Mark, the boys, and I hand and foot.  I haven't lifted anything heavier than Titus since before he was born.  She's been cooking and cleaning up a storm and for that alone, I'm SUPER grateful.  She's been especially helpful at playing with/distracting Marcus while I attempt this whole nursing thing again.  Boy, is THAT a challenge!  But it's one that I've committed to try again, exclusively, for at least two weeks, then we'll re-evaluate.  I HOPE to be able to, but time will tell.
     In the mean time, enjoy these pictures, please feel free to comment or e-mail us.  We love hearing from you (especially our sweet Canadian family), and we look forward to each of you meeting Titus sometime in the near future.  Until then, as my sweet husband says, "Enjoy the struggle," because even though all this is a temporary struggle right now, it's soooooo worth it. :)

"Chaos" is our new "normal"

Leaving the hospital in our Braves shirts.  This is about as good of a family picture as we were going to get.

As soon as we came home, our sweet neighbor JoJo came to meet Titus.  Marcus was proud, yet protective over his little brother already.

He's such a little peanut that he hardly fits in a car seat!

Chillin' on the couch

He looks so much like Marcus in this picture to me.

Once we were home, Titus got to meet his Papa John.

First morning waking up to a baby in his home, Marcus was intrigued.

Headed to church, Marcus brought Titus his "Lamby" to hold on to while he was gone.

Now I know what kept kicking me so hard...BIG FEET!

Our big boy still has plenty of sweetness in there.

The final picture of our pregnancy journey.  All those times you saw my belly grow...here's the final outcome!  Titus Jeffrey!

This picture was taken the day that Titus was born.

And here I am, nearly 10 pounds lighter!

These brotherly pictures crack me up.

Marcus: "I got you now, Buddy"
Titus: "Mama, noooooooo!"

This child will do ANYTHING to uncover his big ol' feet.

"No pictures, please.  Just rub my feet."

Daddy and Titus - so snuggly sweet

Marcus wanted to hold Titus one last time before he went to VBS.



1 comment:

  1. Love the photos, Leah. Titus is so cute! Sorry, Marcus is acting up towards y'all. Hopefully that won't last long.

    ReplyDelete