Friday, June 14, 2013

First Full Day of Life

     Whew, what a day!  I was able to get "detached" from everything (catheter, IV, leg wings (don't ask), etc) so I'm a free woman and feeling pretty good.  I'm obviously sore but my 16 staples are doing their job and keeping my innards from falling out. 
     Titus had a "loud" day, deciding it was more fun to make noise and be awake than to be quiet and sleep the day away.  He was circumcised this morning, so that probably started him off on the wrong path, but even with that, he wasn't that bad. ;)  He ate a LOT more and more often, so that was an adjustment, but overall, what a sweet baby boy we have!  Mark and I both wondered how we could possibly love another child as much as we love Marcus, but just like every other parent with two or more children told us, you will, and we do.  We are definitely in love with our little Titus Jeffrey already. 
     Marcus spent the morning with his Grandma B while Granddad and Granny came to visit Titus and I.  Mark went ahead to work to deliver his bread as usual.  Around lunch time, the grandparents switched, but in between, Titus and I had some much needed skin-to-skin Mommy/Baby time.  Grandma B held him a good long time this afternoon, while Granddad and Granny played the afternoon away with Marcus.  On the way to get Granny's hair cut at the salon, Marcus fell asleep, so he took his "nap" in the car today.
      Finally, this evening, Mark and Marcus came over to eat our celebratory supper together and we actually had time to sit down and chat for the first time all day.  It's definitely different the second go round when Mark can't just stay here with the baby and I, 24/7.  It's ok, though.  We're making it work, and just like we said a few days ago, we look forward to the challenges that another child will bring to the family, not to mention all the extra joy that comes with him. 
     Here are a few pictures from our day, Friday, June 14th, 2013.

His hat says, "Hello World," and his sleeper says, "I've Arrived!"

Grandma B and Titus.

Wide-eyed and serious

Mean face

Celebratory Meal - I had chicken & rice pilaf, Mark had steak and vegetable medley.


Marcus thought he was living the high life in my fancy bed.

Daddy and his boys.

The three I love most in this world.

Every little squeak Titus made, Marcus was attentive to.

No comments:

Post a Comment