Friday, September 6, 2013

Titus' First Gun Show!

     If you have known me for ANY amount of time, you know that for every year of my entire life (including when I was in the womb myself AND when I was 38 1/2 weeks pregnant with Marcus), I'm always in Hillsville, Virginia for the annual Labor Day Gun Show and Flea Market.  This year was no different and it was especially important because it was Titus' first show!  When I was younger I'd spend Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and sometimes part of Monday there. Now, being married to a man who works full time and having two small children, we're limited to one full day, but it's a fun day nonetheless. 
     As usual there are a TON of vendors who sell ANYTHING from antiques and furniture to toys or clothing.  We always stock up on razors but this year we found a bargain on gum, too.  (I know, we're big spenders...)  I usually buy a few Christmas presents and this year was no different, but if I told you what they were, then my secret would be out and someone might find out before Christmas!  The boys enjoyed time with Granddad and Granny while at the Gun Show, but Marcus ESPECIALLY enjoyed our time at their house where he got to ride on the 4-wheeler with Mark and drive the tractor with Granddad.  He even got to have a "picnic" with Granny on a special blanket inside.  Even though it was a short visit, a good time was had by all. :)

Granny and Titus - his head is almost as big as hers

Marcus and Granddad on the tractor

Can you tell how happy he was?

Marcus and Titus' new buddy, Emily.  He just said, "That Emma-wee is my best friend," as I was typing this.

Daddy catching some rays like he loves to do

Marcus and his new pal Nathan, Emily's brother

Granddad, Daddy, and Titus

The man, the legend... Uncle David

Sweet little brother with big blue eyes.

Playing with Granddad again

Sleepy little brother

Playing with Granddad

"I told you... GIVE ME THE COOKIES!!!"

They BOTH were asleep before we were back on a main road. (ps - that's a cap that Mark wore when he was a child)

Picnic supper with Granny

Cuddle time in Granddad and Granny's bed

Snuggles with Granny

As Mark and I were getting ready for church and cleaning up a bit, Marcus said he needed to have Bible Time with Titus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment