Sunday, December 16, 2012

Good News!

     Good news everyone!  It's almost Christmas and Mommy is feeling better!  It's a great season around here and we're enjoying all the aspects that come with it.  Marcus and I specifically love Christmas lights and retelling the Christmas story with his nativity scene.  We have a ton of Christmas books that we read daily, so if he's not getting the message, it's not due to lack of effort. :)  Mark and Marcus share a love of a new Christmas song that comes out of Harvest Bible Chapel and he asks to hear, "Daddy's favorite song" multiple times a day.  I'll attach the link below so you, too, can enjoy it. 
     In other news, I'm still taking my medicine for nausea.  I've tried to begin going every other day and that hasn't gone so well.  So I've decided just to stay on a regular schedule as to hopefully feel good all through Christmas, then we'll try again. But I'm 14 weeks pregnant today and feeling pretty good.  I even ate lunch and am going for SECONDS after I write this blog.  That hasn't happened in a long time.  I made the most amazing bacon carbonara with mushrooms and peas and seriously, it's some good stuff.  The second best part about it was the simplicity of it all.  Yep, it's getting better around here.
     With just over a week away until Christmas, I finally started my Christmas shopping yesterday (yes, I said started...)  Our gym childcare offered something called, "Drop and Shop," where they'd watch your child for $5 while you go shopping.  Yes, please!  Mark was still working, so Marcus played with his friends and I had 2 hours to shop my pregnant behind off.  I got MOST of our list finished in two short hours, then picked up Marcus.  He went straight to bed when we got home and I wrapped  as many presents as I could before I ran out of tape.  Marcus was quick to rip some of them when he got up, but they're not getting re-wrapped.  SORRY! 
    And finally, here are just a few pictures from this week and today.  I apologize for there not being more, but we've been out and about a lot this week, not home much.  I'll hopefully have more pictures for you next week (or maybe even a video).

He loves doing his "Brain Quest" questions with Daddy.

14 Weeks
-Eating more (hallelujah!)
-Continuing to feel better
-Had a Dr. Pepper this week (shhhh!)
-Definitely need to stop lifting Marcus.


Sweet kisses

Dancing to the music from his car

All smiles

No comments:

Post a Comment