Sunday, December 23, 2012

Merry Christmas from the Schuurmans!

     This Christmas season, I had grand plans of doing daily advent activities with Marcus, sharing the news of a baby in my womb on our cute little Christmas cards, and making all kinds of festive and beautifully decorated cookies with loved ones.  None of those things happened.  Instead, sweet baby #2 kept me pretty sick (although, I think I'm finally over the nausea) and I literally just finished Christmas shopping a few days ago.  The even funnier part is that I just STARTED a few days ago!  Anyhow, it's good to have plans, but I'm learning to go with the flow and not fret as much as I used to.  If you know my easy-going husband, you know where I am learning this mentality from.
     Our plans over the next week include our typical whirlwind adventures to Mt. Airy, Dugspur, and then we're driving to Canada (yes, I said driving).  But in typical Schuurman style, we'll see lots of family, enjoy plenty of great food, and then come waddling back over the weekend. 
      Anyhow, this is may be a short blog but it's packed with pictures.  We do want to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.  May the Lord open your eyes to the TRUTH of His gospel more in 2013.

This week I made home-made whipped cream and it was delicious!

Marcus agreed.

Marcus drug his rug into the kitchen one day while I was cleaning.

He still rides this little car all the time.  He even dances to the music.

Big cheesin'!

Sweet friends of ours gave Marcus a new fire station toy.

He literally woke up and started playing with it again.  He LOVES it.

He enjoyed "helping" me wash dishes.

Uncle TJ & Aunt Liv came to town briefly.  They wore Marcus out! :)

Going for a long pass...

Marcus' Christmas outfit

Our handsome boy - he's getting so big!

Marcus and his church friends (ages 2-5)

Love that sweet face!

Standing nice and tall!
     

Since we're going to Canada, he finally tried on his winter jacket.  I guess it's still a wee bit too big.  But that's okay.  He literally ran around in it for 10 minutes!

15 Weeks
-Made kale chips this week (not bad!)
-I think the nausea is FINALLY over
-Now sweet baby is sitting on my sciatic nerve (left side).  Ouch!

No comments:

Post a Comment